Saturday, January 19, 2008

Paris-Roubaix

I decided to get the book recommended by Belgium Knee Warmers, "Paris-Roubaix: A Journey Throught Hell". I got it a few days ago but really didn't have time to start reading it until this am, knowing my MO for reading a good book - I just can't put it down (When I was reading "The DaVinci Code" I got to the last 100 pages at about 1a, and finished around 3, with a 6a departure from Canadia on business.)
Anyhoo, After only the Preface, I needed more so I pressed on. I got about halfway through the first chapter and wanted to continue but my coffee was done and I had lots of errands to run. After only about 15 pages, I was already imagining myself on the cobbles, thinking of what wheels I would run, and knowing they would be booted up with a set of Vittoria Pave' 24s. I even wondered if my handbuilt (by me, naturally) training wheels would stand up to the pounding. Aside from the romance of riding the parcours, I really do want to make a trip to ride some of the hallowed cobbles. Maybe I can add it to my AT LEAST two week trip to Italy and climb to the Madonna di Ghisallo...

No comments: