Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Packing Peanuts



Apparently, the water soluble packing peanuts are no good and a new edible packing peanut must be used.

OK, fine.


Perhaps I'll call them secret training aids!

This was a good day for bike stuff. My everything-else-but-bike order came in, and I have to say I'm quite happy with my selection. I'll hold off on pics to keep you coming back, but I will say that one of the Ringle UFO hoops I got tares out at a paltry 333g, and the other is a mere 344g. 'Tro in a set of DT Swiss 240s paired with DT SuperComp spokes and you'll be soon be looking at a set of 1400g wheels.
Lest I forget, I'll also share the goodness contained in the box that came with packing peanuts, er, cookies.



I also got my new training tires, Specialized Armadillo Elite 25c. I think a bit better tread than the Paves, simply because the Pave was smooth down the center (and they're not really designed for training) but they will not likely be as supple. Again, not really comparing apples to apples. Anyhoo, all I need is a bike and some time to build 'er up. I have a sneaking feeling that whatever day I get my bike, I will be up into the wee hours of the morning building it up.

This is my sickness.

-the ATM

No comments: