Saturday, December 29, 2007

God bless Rock and Roll


I think these guys were one of the first cassettes I bought as a wee lad back in the day. Actually, I think the first tape was Quiet Riot but my brother had TS and I do remember listening to that many a time. I remember being at a couple of parties in college listening to them and we would jump off the couch, air guitar stylie. When we landed, the impact would make the CD player skip. Ahhh, good times. Good times. I guess that's saying something when you can overlay a christmas carol over a 1980s hair band rock tune.
Then again, I guess it can go both ways. Sabbatum, an Estonian medieval music group covered some Black Sabbath tunes, like War Pigs. All in Latin and on medieval instruments. Pretty crazy.

Unfortunately, I've spent the last hour trying to figure out how to post audio to the blog with no success, so I give up. for now.

No comments: