Sunday, December 16, 2007

Wish you were here!

Yet another day in paradise! How can you not want want to ride that?!?


I did a solo ride today that was supposed to focus on leg speed snaps into corners to simulate race pace without all the extra effort. I started out thinking the snow would make it too treacherous but quickly threw caution into the wind since it was too damned fun going a little faster. As per SOP, I looked for opportunities to "work on technique"

It wasn't too easy to get up to speed on the flatter sections with all the snow plowing I was doing with 15psi in my tires, but I didn't really care. Temperature was hovering around 30, which was just about ideal. This was confirmed on the return trip looking at my tracks. Pretty much no bleed through of mud, save for a few sections.
I ended the day with only a handful of mishaps that amounted to a little snow on my jersey. no broken or bruised body parts. That tells me I was trying just hard enough. I did get loads of exercise on line selection since there were plenty of rocks and branches hidden under the snow.

yep. That's all for now.

-the ATM

No comments: