Monday, April 7, 2008

A week of funk

Last week sucked. Work was doing it's best to break my spirit. Good thing it only partially succeeded, which was easily remedied by two awesome days of rides/races and generally getting crap done around the house.

Come to think of it, riding cures most everything.

On the home front, I took off the Proletariat/snow wheels off my car and put the summer tires.

Man, it looks so much better that way.
I say Proletariat because, as my friend Matt said, they look like most of the euro government cars... Alas, I'll be getting hubcaps next year so no fender flags for me, unless they were Belgian - then it'd be cool.
Maybe some spinner hubcaps...

Saturday was pretty cool. Sunny and maybe 50 so I did some yard work to act like I want a green lawn this year. We'll see how that turns out, but I'm not holding my breath.
I also got most of my Rush parts listed on eBay so as to fund my CX bikes, which is nice.

Sunday rocked. Did a spring series road race outside of Cincy. As Chris C pointed out, we got Roadhouse'd. Not that they even have a B team, but their A team was in full effect. With no other strong teams, Roadhouse just kept drilling it until a group of about 4 plus one other guy got up the road. It seemed like there were several motivated guys mid-race so we mounted a chase for a few laps. We couldn't get anything really put together so that was a busted effort.
On the positive side, I had a great time in the race, result notwithstanding. And I got my first burn lines to mark my short level for the rest of the year. Sweet.

Speaking of Belgium, did anyone see Angel Gomez remove the fork from his bike? Yikes... totally missed the flagger warning of danger I guess.

Life is good. And with that, I'm out.

-the ATM

No comments: