Sunday, April 20, 2008

I REALLY must rate

First, On Wednesday I got to hit the trails on one of the best days of the year so far:
The trail is here...

and then later you take a left...
Ah, yes, I'm on a sweet trail

So the ride was great and I felt great, plus we ate Mexican afterwards. Good times.

On top of that, I got to feel like a baller on Thursday. A quick 50 minute flight on the company Jet is much better than a 4 hour drive.

Way better. The crapper had more expensive fixtures than my house did. Note the padded toilet seat. On top of that, the Blue Angels were at the airport practicing for an upcoming air show, so we got to watch them for an hour while they did their aerial maneuvers. Again, pretty sweet.

Completely unrelated to rating well with the Make Andy Feel Like He Rates Gods, I did a few circuit races on Saturday and got a pretty good result. Took 5th in the 3s after throwing down a few flyers and otherwise contributing the race. This is in sharp contrast to several guys in the race that did not show their face at the front of the race until about a lap to go. I suppose if you wanted to get a cheap result it's a reasonable tactic, but fuck sake, it's a 3s race. At some point you're going to have to pay the piper by working at the front. I'll take working my ass off all day over that shit any day. Pussies. I still beat 'em. Maybe a solid training plan is a better approach to getting good results...
For the 1/2/3s race, I wasn't figuring on finishing based on my previous paragraph's diatribe. Silly me. Not that I had anything left in the tank when I was done, but I did finish both races, and I contributed in both so I walk away content with my efforts. Plus I got to rock my sweet gold Campy Shamals. Always a plus.
Of course I paid for it today, and my 2:30h ride on the MTB was not in the top 5 for all time best feeling rides, but a not-good day on the bike is better than a good day at work, no?

Lastly, I framed and hung the last of my posters on my living room wall.

This completes the remodel of my house, and I have to say I quite like it. A bit more of a classy art flavor while not having the "what does this piece of art say to you?" feel.

with that, I'm out.

-the ATM

No comments: