Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Just like Ice Cube

I gotta say it was a good day.

While I didn't mess around and get a triple double, I did pick up the cash flow.
But that's not what this is about.

During the day Monday, I started plotting the suspension overhaul on my car and it looked like my best opportunity (short of taking a day off) was to split my efforts over two days. Looking at the repair destructions, I figured the rear shock replacement wouldn't take too long so I tackled that first. It was pretty straightforward and I was done in about 2 hours.
I then shifted focus to my front wheel, since it had been gnawing at me for about a week. I dove in and replaced the previously mentioned alu nips with brass. Truing it was straightforward and I was done with everything by 10:30p. Plenty of time to stretch and hit the sack on time. Monday was for sure a good day.

OK, so back to the race. I actually didn't feel so hot during the race since I tried a new concoction of nutrition. Apparently Gatorade and Accel Gel give my GI tract fits. So bad, in fact, that I hemorrhaged about 5 minutes on the last lap. Not terrible though since Brad and I were able to build up a pretty good lead, so I still took second. It took me the rest of the day to feel better, so I won't be trying that again.

So I hope tonight is more of the same as yesterday. The front proves to be more difficult and time consuming so I'll need some good juju.

later.

-the ATM

No comments: