Friday, September 21, 2007

All Crossed up

I have this long standing belief that there are two kinds of runners; the first is the kind that when you look at them you can say "wow, they are quite graceful when running," then there is the second kind that when you look at them, you wince and say "ooo, that hurts me just watching!" I fall firmly into the second category. Not only is it painful for the onlookers, but also for me. No getting around it.
So I guess I started 'cross training a little later than I should. I've now done 3 full blown running exercises for less than 30 minutes each. Two days after each run, my legs feel like I've never run before in my life. I must look like an 80 year old man walking down the street now. This sucks.
With any luck, I'll wake up tomorrow feeling fresh. This is fairly critical since I'm starting my first CX race of the year tomorrow. I have no UCI points so I won't have a starting place to speak of. Well, that and I fully expect to have my ass handed to me by none other than Jonathan Page, the World Champion Silver medalist and a whole slew of others, but that's besides the point. All that being said, I still don't want to get pulled in the first 15 minutes. Having shit legs will not help this cause.

Alas, the show must go on and I will nevertheless show up with the intent of ripping somebody's legs off. Sorry for your luck if its you.

the ATM

No comments: