Wednesday, October 1, 2008

"Oh, excuse me Russell,

...but I believe I requested the hand job."
-Wayne Cambell, Wayne's World

I can't say that I ever thought that quote would ever fit in another conversation. I remember in my cycling youth hearing tales from my brother of cool names from Ibis. Names like SilkTi, BowTi, Moron and Hakkalugi. Quite clever when you consider the both the SilkTi and BowTi used used the material properties of Ti to flex without a pivot for rear wheel travel (ala C'dale's Scalpel), Moron - which is their version of double butted tubing because there's, uh, More On the ends, plus the Hakkalugi cross bike. My personal favorite, however, is the Hand Job:

Quite possibly THE best detail any bike could ever have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't forget the toe jam,